Huddersfield Employability Fund
Current students and recent graduates (for up to 1 year after graduation) are now able to apply for the Huddersfield Employability Fund.
What can you use it for?
The purpose of the fund is to provide financial aid to any student / recent graduate who needs it to develop their career and employability skills. There are some examples below illustrating what this could include, but any reasonable application for funds will be considered.
- Contribution to travel and subsistence costs for attending job interviews, undertaking unpaid work experience, and volunteering.
- Attendance to short courses that improve employability, e.g. boosting confidence, assertiveness, leadership.
- Studio time or workshop space to add to a portfolio.
- Specialised software or equipment, e.g. recording equipment to help Media students who wish to be self-employed.
- Setting up website to showcase work.
- Help purchasing appropriate clothing for interviews.
- Acquiring GCSE Maths, English and Science.
How to apply for the fund?
If you would like to access the fund please email Zoë Mitton (Deputy Head of Careers and Employability) with a short statement about how you would intend to use it. Decisions to offer funding will be made by a panel and may take into consideration your bank records, SFE support, rental payments and reasonable outgoings.
A requirement of receiving the funding is to create a short blog post for our Careers Blog, feel free to check out all of our recent case studies below!
- Read how we sent Paul and Jennifer to a once in a lifetime workshop in Torun, Poland here
- Read how we helped Jacob attend an Argos assessment centre here
- Read how we helped Will attend a placement interview in Norwich here
Back to How we can help