Support For Disabled Students
The Careers Service works with disabled students and provide advice and guidance on any career related issue.
Our services include:
- Help with your CV and covering letter
- Issues around disclosing disabilities
- Improving your employability
- Exploring your career options
If you need support with your career, come and see us!
Our office is wheelchair accessible and our information can be made available in different formats.
Disclosing a disability:
Legislation prevents employers from discriminating against anyone because of a disability and obliges them to make “reasonable adjustments” to accommodate disability.
TargetJobs gives further advice about disclosing your disability and how to find disability positive employers.
Have you heard about Change100? They offer summer internships with top companies from across the UK for university students and recent graduates with a long term health condition or disability, including physical, visual or hearing impairments, mental health conditions and learning disabilities like dyslexia and dyspraxia.
- Great With Disability - A resource packed webpage that also includes vacancies
- Mind - Practical advice to help students develop their employability skills.
- Employ-ability - Advertises internships, graduate opportunities and graduate fairs.
- Law Society Information for Disabled Students - Information on entering the profession can also be found here
If you need any further support surrounding your disability whilst you are at University, you can contact
Back to Specialist Information