New student visa regulations are applicable to international postgraduate researchers (PGRs) applying to study at a Higher Education Institution (HEI) in the UK.

The Home Office website has a step-by-step guide on how to apply for a visa, how to complete the application form and how to extend a visa once here in the UK. Information about working in the UK after completing a research degree can be found on the UKCISA webpages. For more information about visas, visit the visa requirements webpage or contact

PGRs who are bringing a spouse, partner and/or children to UK for the duration of their degree may also find it helpful to contact for advice prior to arriving in the UK.