Wellbeing Services

Throughout your time as a postgraduate researcher, Wellbeing Services can help you look after your personal wellbeing and mental health. They can help with things such as coping with the demands of your course, stress or anxiety, or relationship struggles for example.

PGRs may also wish to discuss any issues with:

  1. Working in isolation
  2. Coping with negative feedback
  3. Dealing with deadlines
  4. Fear of failure
  5. Secrets and confidentiality

If you would like a Wellbeing appointment, contact ipoint@hud.ac.uk, telephone 01484 471001 or visit iPoint on level four of the Student Central Building.

For further information and support please visit the Wellbeing support webpages.

Frazzled Cafe are excited to announce a new partnership with the University of Huddersfield and the University of Salford, as part of their NorthWest Postgraduate research support.

This partnership aims to support those working within postgraduate research and academia by providing confidential and non-judgmental peer support meetings via Frazzled Cafe trained Facilitators, where people who are feeling overwhelmed by the stresses of their studies, or just simply life, can talk openly, connect and feel heard. 

These facilitated meetings are held fortnightly and last for an hour. As there are limited spaces per meeting, please sign up via the booking page to attend, and cancel your place if you can no longer come so that someone on the waiting list can take your space.

Click the logo for further info and to book


University of Huddersfield PGRs going through a tough time can now access free online support with togetherall. Whether you are struggling to sleep, feeling low, stressed or not coping, togetherall can help you get support, take control, and feel better.

This anonymous service provides 24/7 online peer and professional support, with trained counsellors. togetherall provides a safe space online to get things off your chest, explore your feelings and learn how to improve and self-manage your mental health and wellbeing. Just visit togetherall.com, sign up with your University email address and choose an anonymous username to get started.

You can also gain support from the Wellbeing Services Team.


Disability Services

Disability support provides confidential advice and guidance, with a focus on you and the support you need. Support may involve access to particular software, equipment and support workers on a temporary basis or throughout your research degree, including a dedicated Disability Adviser for PGRs.

If you would like a same-day appointment, contact ipoint@hud.ac.uk, telephone 01484 471001 or visit iPoint on level four of the Student Central Building.


The Faith Centre

The University of Huddersfield’s team of chaplains and faith advisers welcome all members of the University community and are based in the Queen Street South Annexe.

Get further information including opening hours, contact details and how to access support, on the Faith webpages.


Back On Track

The Back on Track team is highly experienced in providing support and guidance if you are struggling with any personal or PGR academic issues that may be affecting your studies. 

The service is confidential and non-judgemental and as required, they can liaise with your supervisor or link you to other services within the University including Academic Skills, Welfare Support, Disability Services, Counselling and Student Finance, in order to get the best possible outcome.



HudStudy is a service offered to all students including PGRs. It has been set up to provide software and other technology that can support everyone and assist with working more effectively and efficiently. Examples of software and training include dictation software, transcripton software and lecture capture. Email hudstudy@hud.ac.uk or telephone 01484 471334 for more information. 


Support for pregnant students and new parents

You may find it useful to consult the Policy on Support for Pregnant Students and New Parents. To access the policy visit the Policies and Procedures webpage, scroll down to the Student Policies and Regulations box and from there, select the appropriate document.