The University of Huddersfield Library
The University of Huddersfield Library is located on level 4 of the Schwann Building and provides a wide variety of resources and services for postgraduate researchers (PGRs) including:
- PGR-specific workshops including Citations Count and The Informed Researcher, which cover topics including literature searching, Endnote and referencing. Access SkillsForge to view dates, times and to book.
- PGR-specific training and support including help with research data management, open access, citations and bibliometrics and advanced information searching.
- PGR Library Clinic drop-in sessions where PGRs can get one-to-one support.
- Library Guides and Subject Librarians for each subject area including a dedicated research support Librarian.
- A dedicated PGR computer suite located within the Library in room SB5/02 (Schwann Building, level 5, room 2). Floor 2 is a silent study area.
- Access to over 500 PCs and 60 Macs available in the Library and in the 24/7 computer room (located on level 4 of the Schwann Building near the Santander Bank branch).
- A laptop loans service.
- Access to printers, photocopiers and scanners including a mobile print service that allows you to print from your own device, whether you are on or off campus.
- Library access is 24 hours a day 7 days per week during certain times of year. Follow the link for current opening hours.
- Bookable group study and presentation rooms.
- A series of introductory guides.
- A Suggest a Book servce for purchasing books relevant to your research.
- An inter-library loans service to request books and articles held by other libraries.
To search the Library catalogue, use the orange search box at the top of this page.
To contact the Research Support Librarian, the Subject Librarians or if you have any other queries, visit the Library on level 4 of the Schwann Building, or contact Library enquiries on 01484 473 888 or email email@example.com.
Heritage Quay Archives and Records Management
Heritage Quay is the information, records management and archive service at the University of Huddersfield, housing a variety of original documents specialising in education, British 20th/21st Century music, sport, politics, theatre, art and design, and nursing.
Individual researchers can explore the online catalogue, visit the searchroom to use the archives, or if you are unable to visit, use the research and copying services.
Heritage Quay can be accessed via level 4 in the Schwann Building. Click here for more information about using the collections, opening hours and contact details.