The Huddersfield Students' Union (SU) run a full service Advice Centre, located on level 5 of the Student Central building. The service is completely free for postgraduate researchers (PGRs), and is entirely independent from the University. Advisers will take the time to talk you through your options on any given subject, and help you explore possible next steps.
The SU can help with:
- Academic information, advice and representation on University procedures including appeals and academic misconduct.
- Finance related support including fees and funding and advice on budgeting.
- Independent housing advice on deposits, disputes, evictions and repairs.
- Wellbeing information to help with other concerns you may have including mental health, sexual health and safety.
- Volunteering opportunities, clubs and trips.
- PGR coffee mornings/afternoons are run by the Students' Union and the Researcher Environment Team and take place quarterly, providing you with a chance to come and meet representatives from both teams. Bring comments, questions, problems, or just come along for a coffee and chat. These are informal sessions so there is no need to book or to stay for the whole time, but dates, times and venues are accessible via SkillsForge.
- The PG Society organises events with postgraduates from all over the University. It's a great chance to get to know other people and take a break from your research.