Graduation Ceremony Terms and Conditions
By making a booking to attend the ceremonies, graduands accept the following Terms and Conditions:
- The University reserves the right to transfer students to an alternative ceremony for operational reasons.
- Attendance at a ceremony is dependent on a student meeting the deadline for online booking as advertised on the website and invitation process. Beyond that time and date, attendance is no longer guaranteed and the University reserves the right to transfer students to an alternative ceremony.
- Guest tickets are available subject to the student meeting the deadline for the online booking as advertised on the website and invitation process. Beyond that time and date, guest tickets can no longer be guaranteed and a student will have to attempt to obtain any spares that might become available at a later date.
- Additional tickets which have been ordered without the student having registered their place during the booking process being open, will not be deemed valid and the University reserves the right to withdraw them from the student's account.
- Additional guest tickets are not guaranteed to be available either via the online store or on the day of the ceremony.
- Attendance is subject to students and guests registering, collecting tickets and robing at least one hour in advance of the start of the ceremony and to be seated at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the ceremony. Failure to do so will result in non-admittance to the ceremony venue.
- Guest tickets are non-transferable to another ceremony or to another student.
- The invitation is subject to the graduand having been conferred a final award at a Course Assessment Board before the date advertised on the University website. If this is not achieved, the invitation will be withdrawn.
- The University is not responsible for any computer, wifi or system failure incurred by the student other than that caused by the University's own network.
- If your booking fails before your order is complete, and you subsequently miss the deadline or the system sells out for your ceremony, then no tickets will be available.
- Live streaming of the graduation ceremony is provided as a discretionary service and cannot be guaranteed. The University will endeavour to provide a complete, unbroken link from the ceremony but unfortunately, on occasion, there may be a break in service which makes the ceremony unavailable for viewing as a live stream. Should this happen, the University cannot be held responsible.
- The graduand will notify the University's graduation team by email (email@example.com) if they wish to cancel their place, or any of their guests' places.
- It is the graduand's responsibility to contact the gown and photography companies directly to arrange a refund prior to the ceremony.
- The correct academic dress for the award being conferred must be worn on stage. The University reserves the right to refuse admission to those students who do not comply with these requirements.
- Attendance in the venue for students and guests with special access requirements is subject to the University's graduation team being informed at least 10 days in advance of the ceremony. The University reserves the right to refuse access to any guest who has not been arranged by prior notice where a suitable seating location cannot be offered.
- Any outstanding debts to the University must have been paid in full before an invitation will be issued. This will include any and all debts relating to tuition fees, disciplinary fines and library books/fines. If debts are not cleared prior to the advertised deadline, admission to the ceremony will be refused and the student will graduate in absentia. No invitation to any future ceremony will be issued. Certificates will not be made available to students with an outstanding debt. It is the student's responsibility to notify the graduation team of their change in circumstances.
- Still and video images will be taken for publicity purposes and may be used on the University's website. Graduate names will be included in the graduation ceremony programme.
- The University reserves the right to ask any person to leave the ceremony and/or ceremony venue if the University considers they are causing a disruption to the ceremony or other guests.
- There will be no late admittance to a ceremony for either student or guests. Where possible, entry to the next ceremony may be permitted but guest tickets cannot be guaranteed.
Failure to comply with any of the above terms and conditions will result in the student losing their place at the ceremony.
If the graduation ceremonies cannot take place or are delayed due to circumstances beyond the control of the University, including (without limitation) fire, explosion, terrorist act (or threat of terrorist act), act of God, pandemic, traffic accident, or as a result of any industrial action or dispute involving the University, or the venue at which the ceremonies are due to be held, the University will not be liable for any losses direct, or otherwise, incurred by students and guests. The University will, where at all possible, make alternative arrangements for any students affected, but students and their guests should ensure that they have sufficient insurance protection to cover any losses they might suffer as a result of a ceremony being cancelled or delayed.