Notifying the University of your absence
- Home and EU and non-Tier 4 Overseas students: In the first instance, you can report your absense through MyHud.
- Tier 4 Overseas: You are expected to report your absence AFTER the period of absence AND with appropriate documentary evidence (e.g. medical note). This evidence needs to be taken to the Student Support Office in your School. You can find contact details for these offices below.
- If you need to miss a class to attend an appointment with Wellbeing and Disability Services, you must notifiy Attendance Monitoring through MyHud, choosing option 'Student Services appointment'.
If you experience any difficulty or have any questions about attendance monitoring, please email or call the attendance contact for your school as listed below.
Other problems with your card
- If your card is lost, stolen or damaged, you will need to replace it at the iPoint, Student Central, Level 4. There will be a charge of £10 for lost cards, but damaged or stolen cards (with a crime reference number/lost property number from the Police) will be replaced free of charge.
- If your card is not registering your attendance after you have swipped it, please visit or contact your School Office (details below).
- If for any reason, you are not able to access a building with your card, please go to iPoint or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact your school
School of Applied Sciences
School of Art, Design and Architecture
Tel: 01484 471072 (Queen Street Studios)
Tel: 01484 471145 (Richard Steinitz Building)
Tel: 01484 471488
School of Computing and Engineering
Tel: 01484 472450
School of Education and Professional Development
Tel: 01484 478142 / 478133
School of Human and Health Sciences
School of Music, Humanities and Media
Tel: 01484 472449