University of Huddersfield Logo

You may find that you need confirmation that you’re studying here. This could be by way of a letter or certificate on headed paper or by the stamping and signing of a form. This could be relating to opening a bank account, applying for a travel card, applying for a postgraduate course…. the list is endless. If you’re a current student we can usually provide you with this whilst you wait. Just visit the iPoint with your student ID card. If it’s easier you can request a letter by sending us an email to from your Unimail account and we’ll email one back.

If you are living within the Kirklees Council area and you are eligible you can register for your council tax exemption on the Kirklees Council website. There is no requirement for you to provide Kirklees council with a council tax certificate from the University. If you are living in any other area you can request a council tax certificate by visiting the iPoint with your student ID card or by emailing from your Unimail account. Please note that the issuing of a council tax certificate is at the University’s discretion and is determined by a number of factors such as your enrolment status and course of study.

Sometimes you may need more in-depth information provided in a letter. If this is the case we will help you to find out where you can access this from. Once you have graduated requests for confirmation of previous attendance at the University (e.g. employer references) should be emailed to These requests will be fulfilled within five working days.

The awards winner 2012, 13, 14, 15
University of the year 2013
QS 4 Star Logo
Athena Swan Bronze Award

VAT registration number 516 3101 90

All rights reserved ©