Important information for University of Huddersfield 2018 graduates
Now that you have finished your undergraduate study at the University of Huddersfield, your @unimail.hud.ac.uk mailbox, file store and related login ID will be terminated week beginning 10 December 2018. We’d still like for you to keep in touch with the alumni service through our Facebook, LinkedIn and twitter services for which links are provided below. To assist you with the transition during the retirement of the service, a series of questions and answers can be found below.
- What happens to my login access?
- What does this mean for all 2018 graduates with a University of Huddersfield mailbox?
- What happens to my files on University Storage?
- What does this mean for all current students?
- What happens if I return to study after graduation?
- Can I create a personal Microsoft Office 365 account?
- I’ve advertised my email details to others, what do I need to do?
- What else do I need to do?
- How do I keep in touch with the University of Huddersfield Alumni Office?
What happens to my login access?
Starting 10th Dec 2018 your rights to login to university systems using your student id will cease.
What does this mean for all 2018 graduates with a University of Huddersfield mailbox?
All 2018 graduates with an email address/login ID in the format email@example.com must ensure that all email stored in the associated mailbox is exported to a file or transferred to another email service using the Microsoft supplied instructions using this link. This must be done prior to Sunday 09 December 2018 as there will be no access to email addresses after this date.
What happens to my files on University Storage?
Starting 10 Dec 2018 your home folder and other storage (K, L, M etc.) contents will no longer be accessible. You are strongly advised to make a backup of your data before Sunday 09 December 2018. Due to licensing and support restrictions, we are also unable to provide access to your OneDrive data store and the Office365 web apps. Please ensure you copy data stored in your OneDrive to a suitable backup location before Sunday 09 December 2018. Further information on how this can be done can be found on the Office365 OneDrive web page.
What does this mean for all current students?
All current students will continue to keep their mailbox and storage. Advanced notice will be provided to all future graduates giving the options for saving the contents of the k: drive, Onedrive and Unimail before their account is closed after graduation.
What happens if I return to study after graduation?
If after graduation, you return to the University of Huddersfield for further study, you will be reconnected to the email service used by current students, retaining your previous firstname.lastname@example.org address. However, the associated mailbox will not retain any previous email.
Can I create a personal Microsoft Office 365 account?
If you do not have a personal email address you can get a free Microsoft account at Microsoft Alternatively, if you prefer a Google personal account this can be done at Google. Both services provide an email address with the associated mailbox, access to online applications and data storage.
I've advertised my University of Hudddersfield account to others, what do I need to do?
Because you will no longer have access to your mailbox and consequently the email address, you will not receive any email into this mailbox. Please make sure, wherever you have advertised this email address, the details are updated so it is changed to the email address of your personal mailbox. This needs to be completed before 09 December 2018.
What else do I need to do?
- Make sure you keep any emails you want to keep, this needs to be done before 09 December 2018.
- Wherever you have services configured to send email to your account, make sure they are aware the email address will no longer be valid. All future emails will need to be directed by the sender to your personal mailbox.
- Advertise your personal email address to your contacts.
- If you do not have a personal mailbox then you can get a free Microsoft account (Microsoft) or if preferred a personal Google account (Gmail).
- Before 9th Dec 2018 make a copy of any data from your k drive, Onedrive and other storage which may have been presented to you by your school.
- Make sure to stay in touch with the UoH alumni department via social media.
How do I keep in touch with the University of Huddersfield Alumni Office?
All alumni can keep in touch with the UoH using LinkedIn, Facebook, FaceBook International, Twitter International, Twitter and Youtube which allow for an ‘Opt-In’ service to maintain contact with the UoH.