Attendance monitoring contacts web banner


To notify your absence:

Please note that Back on Track does not monitor your attendance. 

Home and EU and non-Tier 4 Overseas:  If you need to report an absence, in the first instance you can self-certify through the Student Hub.  

Tier 4 Overseas: Please note that you cannot notify us of absence through the Student Hub. The only way to do this is after the period of absence AND with appropriate documentary evidence (e.g. medical note), which needs to be taken to Student Support Office in your School.

If you need to miss a class to attend an appointment with Wellbeing and Disability Services, you must notifiy Attendance Monitoring through the Student Portal, choosing option 'Student Services appointment'.

If you experience any difficulty or have any questions about attendance monitoring, please email or call the attendance contact for your school as listed below.

Other problems with your card

  • If your card is lost, stolen or damaged, you will need to replace it at the iPoint, Student Central, Level 4.  There will be a charge of £10 for lost cards, but damaged or stolen cards (with a crime reference number/lost property number from the Police) will be replaced free of charge. 
  • If your card is not registering your attendance after you have swipped it, please visit or contact your School Office (details below).
  • If for any reason, you are not able to access a building with your card, contact the University Security Supervisor, James Duckett


School of Applied Sciences


School of Art, Design and Architecture

Tel. 01484 471072 (Queen Street Studios)
Tel. 01484 471145 (Richard Steinitz Building)

Huddersfield Business School

Tel. 01484 471488

School of Computing and Engineering

Tel. 01484 472450

School of Education and Professional Development

Tel. 01484 478142 / 478133

School of Human and Health Sciences

Check the list for your course, and contact the corresponding member of staff.

School of Music, Humanities and Media

Tel. 01484 472449