If you're joining us this September and you have a disability, we'd like to invite you to our Induction Day!
When and where is it?
• Thursday 13 September
• 10:00am - 3:00pm (drop in any time you like!)
• OA4/01 (Oastler Building). Please have a look at our campus map to locate the building.
What's it all about?
Our Induction Day provides the opportunity to complete the essential process of enrolling as a student at the University. It also gives you the chance to meet the team before you start in September, grab a free lunch and find out all the information you need to know from services across the University.
You can find out about:
• Disability support
• Disabled Students’ Allowance
• Assistive software and equipment
• Computing and Library Services
• Student Finance
• Students' Union
• TeamHud/sports facilities on campus.
There will also be an opportunity to take part in a campus tour, a Library and Computing Services tour and register at the University Health Centre. A complimentary buffet lunch will served from 12:00 - 2:00pm.
What do I need to do?
Firstly, we need you to register your attendance at this event. Please complete the form below by September 11 2018 to let us know you're coming! In this form, you can tell us about any requirements you have for the event such as a support worker, dietary requirements or a parking space on campus for reasons relating to your disability.
Secondly, if you haven't already, please register with the service so that we have the necessary details to put support in place for you during your studies!
And finally, to complete your enrolment at the University, please bring with you:
• Your user name and password for the pre-enrolment portal
• Photo ID (e.g. passport, driving licence)
• Your financial assessment letter from Student Finance England (if you are in receipt of this)
For more information about alternative forms of ID, please log onto the pre-enrolment portal.
If you are unable to attend the Induction Day, please contact us for any advice regarding the support you may need whilst studying at the University of Huddersfield.