Online self-help programmes
A useful source of immediate help is available through the following online self-help programmes.
To access the full course you will need to sign up, but before you do that, you can try the sample sessions to see if this is for you. These sessions include:
- Understanding feelings and what to do about them.
- Break out of the cycle and start to feel great.
- The Easy 4-step plan to deal with problems and achieve your goals.
- How to be happier, fitter (and maybe slimmer!)
- Learn the secrets of confident people.
Learn cognitive behavioural therapy skills to cope with and prevent depression. The site has a section for Frequently Asked Questions which you can check out before you register.
Developed in consultation with students who have been affected by depression, low mood or suicidal thoughts. This site includes some of their stories and suggestions.