University of Huddersfield Logo

Care leavers

Students in Student Central

Wellbeing support

As a care leaver, you may have particular concerns about studying in Higher Education and the Wellbeing Service can offer you support that is specifically tailored to your needs.  Our service is confidential and can help you with:

  • Information and support with enrolling/registering.
  • Applying for your care leaver bursary.
  • Academic and personal support.
  • Liaising with accommodation providers.

You can also access our Wellbeing Drop-in and our free Workshops and Support Groups.  When appropriate, we can signpost you to other University services.

If you would like to discuss how we can help you, please contact:

Rebecca Hayes, Support Co-ordinator (Care leavers and Vulnerable Adults):
Tel. 01484 471001

Local authority support

Care leavers who are under 25 years of age may be eligible for a grant from their local authority.  Please contact your local authority for details.

The awards winner 2012, 13, 14, 15
University of the year 2013
QS 4 Star Logo
Athena Swan Bronze Award

VAT registration number 516 3101 90

All rights reserved ©