student safety web banner

Report and Support

Here at the University of Huddersfield, we are committed to enhancing a safe and inclusive learning environment.

Report and Support is our online reporting tool that encourages members of the University community to report any instances that make them feel uncomfortable, including:

  • Hate crimes and hate incidents
  • Bullying
  • Discrimination
  • Harassment
  • Verbal or physical abuse
  • Online abuse on social media
  • Abusive calls, texts or emails
  • Sexual violence
  • Social exclusion
  • Being refused a service because of your identity. 

These may be instances that have happened to you, or experiences you have witnessed. They may have happened on campus, on your journey to campus, in the town centre or in a place of residence.

You can choose to report anonymously, or report and speak to an Adviser. If you select to report anonymously, you will not be traceable and your experience will be used to monitor issues across the University. If you select to speak to an Adviser, you will be asked to leave your details and have the option of meeting with a Wellbeing Adviser, making a formal complaint or for the incident not to be taken any further. You will have the opportunity to be supported throughout.

If you’d prefer to seek support separately, the Report and Support website offers information and guidance on getting support from the University and external services.

To find out more, or make a report, please visit:

report and support banner


Safer Student Officer

Gaynor Dawson is the Safer Student Officer at the University of Huddersfield.  Her role is to aid keeping you safe by offering crime prevention advice and safety tips, either on a one to one basis or in group.  She can also support you with any organised events which would benefit from a police presence.


Tel: 07939 466979
Working days: Monday to Friday, 8.00am-4.00pm.

You are encouraged to report any suspicious activity/concerns to Gaynor.

If you wish to report a crime that doesn’t require an immediate response, call 101 at any time or go to

Please contact 999 in the case of an emergency


Top safety tips

Follow this link to get lots of tips for keeping safe on and off campus