your health web banner


Your health is of the utmost priority. We offer various avenues to support your health, both within Wellbeing and Disability Services and beyond. Alongside the key information outlined below, we also suggest you refer to our self-help section for additional support.



Whether you're on campus, at home, on in rented accommodation, in case of emergency, please call 999.

First Aid and Mental Health First Aid

First Aid needed on campus can usually be dealt with by a departmental First Aider or at the Security Office in the Harold Wilson Building. Please alert any staff member to the situation, or call the number listed on the green First Aid forms displayed in each building.

Mental Health First Aiders are based across campus and are trained in helping students suffering with mental health difficulties. Mental Health First Aiders are not medical professionals, but have useful information on signposting students to the correct services, and offering instant support when needed.


Disability Services

If you are suffering with a long term health condition or disability that is affecting your studies, please contact Disability Services. We can offer assistance with applying for Disabled Students' Allowance, regular support throughout your studies, the specialist support of a Support Worker and access to various workshops and groups.


Doctors and General Practitioner(GPs)

If you have a health concern that requires the attention of a doctor, please contact your GP.  If you are not registered with a GP but live in a hall of residence or within three miles of the University, you can register with the University Health Centre.  Your partner and any children can also register, as long as they live in the practice area.

If you do not live within three miles of the University campus you may wish to search for a local NHS doctor.