What information or evidence do I need to provide?

Your Disability Adviser will work with you in getting the right support in place. This may involve applying for the Disabled Students’ Allowance or making arrangements for support directly from the University. To do this, we will require some evidence of your disability. The evidence needs to explain how your disability impacts on your daily life and how long you have had or are likely to have the disability. The evidence can be written by any of the following people:

  • Your GP.
  • A specialist such as a mental health practitioner, an audiologist or a practitioner based in a clinical or hospital department.
  • An educational psychologist - this is for students who have a specific learning difficulty such as dyslexia. The Educational Psychologist Assessment report must have been produced after your 16th birthday.

Please pass a copy of your evidence to Disability Services by emailing it to disability@hud.ac.uk, or handing it in to the iPoint in Student Central, and we’ll let you know where to go from here. With your permission, we share information with University staff and external organisations so that we can get the support in place. You can also post your evidence to us at the following address:

Disability Services
Schwann Building
University of Huddersfield

If you are a current student and require an up to date Educational Psychologist Assessment report, Disability Services can arrange for an assessment to be performed at the University. The cost of the assessment with the Educational Psychologist is approximately £350 which is partly funded by the University. Each students undertaking an assessment is asked to make a contribution towards the cost - this is currently £60. For more information about this, please contact disability@hud.ac.uk.