Thinking of studying here

Eligibility to study in the UK

If you have accepted a place with us, we will email you to ask you to send in documents to show you are eligible to study here. For example:

  • passport
  • driving licence and birth certificate
  • biometric residence permit (BRP)
  • EU ID card

Please note that you'll still need to bring photographic ID to your enrolment at the University, even if you supplied ID for your eligibility check.  If you don't have any of the above, please see our Acceptable forms of ID document to find out the types of ID you could provide, or email us for further advice.

Are you studying a course with particular requirements?

This includes courses such as health, social work or teaching. 

It may be that you already supplied ID when applying for your course. In this case, you will still need to send in ID for the eligibility check as we can only use ID for the purpose for which it was requested. If you have any queries about eligibility to study checks, please contact us at