Timetables can sometimes be confusing in the first instance. Please do not worry if you are having problems understanding your timetable, your tutor will be able to explain any queries you have during Induction sessions.
If you have any queries over your timetable, please speak to your Course Leader during the Induction sessions. The purpose of your induction is to provide you with information about your course, including how your timetable works.
These FAQ should clear up some initial questions and concerns you may have:
When is my timetable released?
Term 2: We are aiming to give you access to your Term 2 Timetable by the 11th December.
Don’t be worried if a fellow student has their timetable and you don’t have yours. We are releasing them as they are ready, so some students may get them a little earlier than others.
Your timetable will clearly indicate which teaching sessions are on campus and which will be delivered online. On-campus sessions will have a room number and online session will have a link for you to click to join the session.
I can't access my timetable.
If you're struggling to access your timetable, please see the guidance on accessing and understanding your timetable. Please also ensure you have read the information provided above in regard to when your timetable will be released.
Where can I find my timetable?
I don't understand my timetable.
You can find additional information on making sense of your timetable and understanding room codes on our timetable information pages.
Is this draft timetable likely to change?
- These are draft timetables and may be liable to a degree of change up until the start of term. It's therefore not advisable to use the draft timetables to plan around, as circumstances may require them to be changed.
A module is not on my timetable?
- Please be aware that updates and changes resulting from making module choices can take up to 48 hours to appear. If you feel your timetable is incomplete, after this time, you can contact the appropriate student support staff in your school, using the email address supplied in the student portal.
I thought I would get a free day?
- A day free of teaching is something that we aim to provide, however it is not possible in all cases due to the combination of constraints and requirements of particular activities.
I don't know where the room is that is referred to on my timetable?
- Take a look at the Queensgate Campus Maps (Campus Map or Accessible Route Map). Help in locating buildings and rooms on campus is available from the iPoint at the entrance to Student Central between 08:00 and 18:00 Monday to Friday or by phone on 01484 471001. Alternatively, please contact your school student support office for further details.
Can I change the classes I'm in?
- Only if there is sufficient grounds to warrant the change and if there is space in the session that you wish to move to. There will be a form that needs to completed, which then needs to be approved by the timetabling team and academics involved. If you wish to change modules rather than groups within a module, then you should complete the module change form instead. All forms are available from your school student support office.
I am a full-time student, I have a job that prevents me from attending a seminar. Can you change the time of the seminar to accommodate me?
- We need to consider all the students and staff involved with the course. As much as possible we will accommodate student requests, but we might not be able to resolve every issue. Normal teaching hours are from 9:15 to 18:15 and occasionally we need to go later for some courses. If you have taken a job that is during core teaching time, then you will need to review your module choices or change your working hours.
I have accessed my timetable and things seem to be wrong?
- If you are a student that is transfering course or resuming studies after a break there may be a delay in viewing your timetable as your details are updated. For all other enquiries please contact your school student support office for further details.