Timetables can sometimes be confusing in the first instance. Please do not worry if you are having problems understanding your timetable, your tutor will be able to explain any queries you have during Induction sessions.
If you have any queries over your timetable, please speak to your Course Leader during the Induction sessions. The purpose of your induction is to provide you with information about your course, including how your timetable works.
These FAQ should clear up some initial questions and concerns you may have:
When is my timetable released?
- September Starts: New students (1st years and new students to other years) starting in September will have access from early September.
- Non September Starts: Student starting in months other than September will have access to Timetables one month before the start of your studies, subject to you having accepted a place on your course.
Where can I see my timetable?
Is this draft timetable likely to change?
- These are draft timetables and may be liable to a degree of change up until the start of term. It's therefore not advisable to use the draft timetables to plan around, as circumstances may require them to be changed.
A module is not on my timetable?
- Please be aware that updates and changes resulting from making module choices can take up to 48 hours to appear. If you feel your timetable is incomplete, after this time, you can contact the appropriate student support staff in your school, using the email address supplied in the student portal.
I thought I would get a free day?
- A day free of teaching is something that we aim to provide, however it is not possible in all cases due to the combination of constraints and requirements of particular activities.
I don't know where the room is that is referred to on my timetable?
- Take a look at the Queensgate Campus Maps (Campus Map or Accessible Route Map). Help in locating buildings and rooms on campus is available from the iPoint at the entrance to Student Central between 08:00 and 18:00 Monday to Friday or by phone on 01484 471001. Alternatively, please contact your school student support office for further details.
Can I change the classes I'm in?
- Only if there is sufficient grounds to warrant the change and if there is space in the session that you wish to move to. There will be a form that needs to completed, which then needs to be approved by the timetabling team and academics involved. If you wish to change modules rather than groups within a module, then you should complete the module change form instead. All forms are available from your school student support office.
I am a full-time student, I have a job that prevents me from attending a seminar. Can you change the time of the seminar to accommodate me?
- We need to consider all the students and staff involved with the course. As much as possible we will accommodate student requests, but we might not be able to resolve every issue. Normal teaching hours are from 9:15 to 18:15 and occasionally we need to go later for some courses. If you have taken a job that is during core teaching time, then you will need to review your module choices or change your working hours.
I have accessed my timetable and things seem to be wrong?
- If you are a student that is transfering course or resuming studies after a break there may be a delay in viewing your timetable as your details are updated. For all other enquiries please contact your school student support office for further details.