Official documents and letters

Requesting letters from the iPoint

A confirmation letter may be required for various reasons, such as proving that you are a full-time student for council tax purposes, or opening a student bank account. These letters will confirm who you are and what programme of study you are on.  As your letter will be specific to you, you need to make sure you give us your student number when you make the request. 

Self-service letters can now be downloaded as a PDF from your My Hud account. You can access this via My Hud > Quick links > My details > Documents.

If you visit the iPoint in person, you can collect the letter immediately. If you request the letter through hudhelp, phone or email, we will only contact you via your student email account for data protection purposes.

Need someone to collect the letter on your behalf?

We will allow another person to pick up your letter for you, but we must have written permission from you to do this. It must come from your student email account and give details of the person collecting your letter. You must give their full name and student number as we will ask them to provide ID when they arrive.