What next?


New starters

Read our dedicated guide to find tips on settling in at the University and in the UK


Activate your IT account

Using the Quick-start guide, you can then access your University email, Finance Portal and timetable


Proof of study & bank letters

If you need a bank, council tax or proof of study letter, you can download it yourself from your MyHud account under Quick Links > My Details > Documents or you can visit the iPoint in Student Central


Term Dates

You can find the generic University term dates here but if you require personal confirmation of your timetable and vacation periods, please contact your School Support Office


Take a tour of campus

Campus tours are available through the iPoint in Student Central. You can also take a 'virtual' tour by clicking below


Travel & Accommodation

Accommodation options and tips for travelling to campus. You can also see HudLets or DIGS on campus for in person support. 


Working while you study

You can work up to 20 hours a week as an international student. For support finding work, contact the Careers and Employability team


Your Wellbeing

If you need confidential advice or a meeting, our trained Wellbeing Counsellors are available for you to meet.


Registering with a GP

It is important to register with an NHS GP when you arrive in the UK. The University Health Centre could be ideal for you if you live within 3 miles of campus.

Rail travel discounts

You may be entitled to discount travel while you are in the UK

Campus Safety

If you ever feel unsafe or need to talk to someone about your safety, the University Safety Officer can be found on level 4 of the Schwann building or online.


Your timetable can be viewed on MyHud but if you have any questions or problems viewing your timetable, please speak to your School